I am a native Norwegian translator, mainly working in the English to Norwegian translation pair.
My two other language pairs are Swedish to Norwegian and Danish to Norwegian. I would like to offer you my services as a Professional Translator.
Due to my Bachelor’s Degree in Electrical Engineering, Telecommunications and 6 years as an IT Manager, I am quite knowledgeable in Technical/IT Terminology. In addition to being proficient in terminology, I also enjoy the creative aspects of the translation process. Creating a text to sound like it was originally written by a native Norwegian is an enjoyable challenge and important part of the job I do.
My home office is equipped with laptop and desktop computers, with secure, high-speed internet connections. Although most of my work is done electronically, I do have access to an All-In-One printer, scanner & copy machine. My preferred CAT tool is Wordfast. I keep track of all my translation jobs, deadlines, clients & client settings, invoices, rates & general finances in Translation Office 3000. I own the latest version of Microsoft Office, as well as Adobe’s Creative Suite 5 for any translations requiring graphics work.
As a former Project Engineer I gained valuable skills in time management and I learned firsthand the importance of meeting deadlines. With my proven time management skills, I guarantee that the work will be delivered on time. But do not be mistaken, I still take the time to double and triple check my work after I am done translating – even if time is tight. If I can not deliver a perfect translation, I do not accept the work to begin with.
CV / RESUME
Espen Steenberg – Professional English / Danish / Swedish => Norwegian Translator.
NAME: Espen Steenberg
ADDRESS: 3776 7th Ct. S., 97302 Salem, OR, USA
PHONE NUMBER: +1 (503) 999-0344
EMAIL ADDRESS: firstname.lastname@example.org
SERVICES: Professional Translations & Proofreading.
MOTHER TONGUE: Norwegian.
SOURCE LANGUAGES: English, Danish & Swedish.
TARGET LANGUAGE: Norwegian.
* Technical: General Engineering, Electrical Engineering and Telecommunications.
* IT: Software, Hardware, Networks, General IT.
* General: Marketing, Gaming, Business, Social Media.
* 2000 words / 24h for translation.
* 2000 words / 24h for proofreading.
* minimum 0.10 USD/ source word for translation.
* minimum 0.05 USD/ source word for proofreading.
Wordfast Anywhere, MS Word, MS Excel, MS PowerPoint, MS Publisher, Adobe Acrobat,
* Bachelor’s in Electrical Engineering, Telecommunication.
* 6 year as IT Manager.
* Teaching Experience in Norwegian and English Languages.
* Project Engineer in International Company.
* Preferred payment method is PayPal.
More details available upon request.